Recently I viewed a MCP Live Meeting: Certification 101: Getting Started with Microsoft Certification event. Today I got an email with the following info I thought it would be cool to pass along regarding certification cram sessions.
IF YOU ARE IT PRO: CLIENT, SUPPORT, and/or NEW TO MICROSOFT Register for Exam 70-620: Windows Vista, Configuring cram session on May 20, 7:30 A.M. Pacific Time. http://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/EventDetail.aspx?EventID=1032376194&Culture=en-US
IF YOU ARE IT PRO: ENTERPRISE and/or INFRASTRUCTURE-FOCUSED Register for Exam 70-640: Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuring cram session on May 21, 7:30 A.M. Pacific Time http://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/EventDetail.aspx?EventID=1032376337&Culture=en-US
IF YOU ARE A DEVELOPER Register for Exam 70-536: Microsoft .NET Framework-Application Development Foundation cram session on June 11, 7:30 AM Pacific Time http://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/EventDetail.aspx?EventID=1032376507&Culture=en-US
The request I submitted to moderate a Birds-of-a-Feather session at the TechEd 2008 Developers in Orlando, FL titled 'Breaking down Silos by Creating Internal User Groups' has been accepted.
The BOF session is scheduled 6/3/2008 4:45 PM - 6:00PM. I have been spending a lot of time this year trying to understand the things that hinder projects in our corporate environment. One of the places I have identified is that silo-ing teams, which can allow for specialization of a skill set, can also introduce impediments to a project. Isolating teams who need to collaborate often fosters mistrust between them, and the added frustration and rigor of work request can cause teams to fall into practices that are bad for the team and the company.
I am very interested in hearing if other companies are experiencing this, I know they are ;-), and how they are mitigating it. That will be the focus of this session. I expect to hear some horror stories and hopefully some good techniques to handle this problems. Thanks to INETA for giving me the chance to lead a BOF session.
Didn't see that I had posted this so, I figured it was about time I did. I was approached by David Walker at the Community Leader Summit held in Dallas, TX to join the INETA Speaker Bureau and help them get a speaker focused Podcast up and going. I have been working with the Rob Zelt (INETA Live!) to line out some hosting details, but we are beginning make progress.
I feel very privileged and want to extend my thanks to David Walker and INETA for giving me this opportunity.
Keep watching for more announcements.
Technorati Tags: INETA
I want to take a moment to let everyone know that Randy Walker has received the Microsoft MVP for VB .NET. Congratulations Randy, this is well deserved. Thanks for all the things you have and are doing for the Northwest Arkansas .NET User Group and INETA.
You can check out Randy's blog here
Again well deserved!
Technorati Tags: Microsoft
I have been having an issue upgrading the DotNetNuke install for my church, so I thought I'd take a back-up and restore it on my laptop and then figure out what went wrong. If you have ever restored a back from a hosting server or just from a production environment to your local machine you have had this issue.
The reason for the problem is that the users that are defined in the database do not match the users that are in your current SQL Server install. You might find that you look at your server and see a user with the same user name but the GUID will not match.
Here are some SQL stored procedures that can help fix this issue:
List all the orphaned users in a database:
EXEC sp_change_users_login 'report'
If the user id already exists you can fix the GUID problem with this:
EXEC sp_change_users_login 'Auto_Fix' , 'user'
If the user id does not exists you can get the orphaned id created in the database with this:
EXEC sp_change_users_login 'Auto_Fix' , 'user' , 'login' , 'password'
I finally got it all worked out by adding the needed user to the server and then running the EXEC sp_change_users_login 'Auto_Fix', 'user' which produced the following output:
The row for user 'user' will be fixed by updating its login link to a login already in existence.
The number of orphaned users fixed by updating users was 1.
The number of orphaned users fixed by adding new logins and then updating users was 0.